August 2013 Recipe
A new recipe is posted here each month.
Subscribe for our
Recipes e-mail alert, it is free.
Each month we post a favorite from the Horton Creek Inn
Bed and Breakfast.
Follow us on Facebook.
Upside-Down Banana French Toast
Made and refrigerated overnight.
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cups butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 medium bananas, sliced
1- loaf brown sugar cinnamon bread
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Spray bottom of 9X13 baking dish. In large bowl stir together brown sugar, butter,
corn syrup and nuts. Pour over bottom of dish. Slice and lay bananas side by side
on top of mixture.
2. Arrange 2 layers of bread on top of bananas.
3. In bowl mix eggs, milk and vanilla until well mixed. Pour over bread.
Cover tightley and refrigerate at least one hour but no longer than 24 hours.
4. Heat oven to 325. Uncover bread mixture, bake at 45 to 55 minutes
or until knife inserted comes out clean.
5. Place cookie sheet over hot baking dish. Holding two together and carefully
flip pan & dish until french toast and now topping drip onto cookie sheet.
*Dave says if you want to cut the slices of bread in halves like we serve it to
do that before flipping pans.
Jeannie & Dave